Wednesday, January 31, 2007

1/31/07

January is gone!! What happened?

I have been having loads of fun, working on finishing the books for the closed business so I can get taxes done. I only have one thing to say. YUCK!!!

Hello, Linda, cast on that Sheep Shawl. It is fun once you get going. I am on the Village section. The only place I have had a problem was the rows with k2tog psso at the end of a section. Now that the Orchard section is finished, that problem seems to have gone away. It is fun to knit.

I am also working on Sahara (http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SDS-031) so I have a project that I don't have to count every stitch. A lot of it is just stockinette, so I can knit and talk. I have just finished the waist shaping. It is knit from the top down, so then I have to go back and do the sleeves and trim. This one is easy.

If I can work up my nerve to actually fill out the form, I am going to register for the 1/2 Marathon in November. But I have to run and quit wimping out because of the weather. The last 3 days, I have decided to Nordictrack instead. It is inside where it is warm. Good for endurance, but not much on the training for the pounding of running. Or, I could break down and buy the treadmill!!! I just can't bring myself to part with the money!!!! If it was fiber, it wouldn't bother me!!! ;-)

The big exciting news is that I think I am going to Hawaii for a week the end of February. My husband came home last night and suggested I go. He has to go for work, so I will be a "tag-along". Most of the touring I do will have to be alone, since he will be at work, but I haven't ever been to Hawaii. He went a couple of years ago, but at that time my fat hind-parts wouldn't fit in an airplane seat!!! ;-( so I stayed home. Now I can go. The only problem is who to keep the 3 puppies. They seem to realize what is going on, I am getting the "I am so cute, you can't leave me for a week" routine already!!! They are hard to leave.

Also, started a good book. It is more a beach read type book. You know, nothing deep, just lots of bed-hopping. Woman falls in love with two men. Who does she choose, passion or security? It is a quick read. Good escapist stuff. It is Holly by Jude Deveraux. Set in Edenton, NC. I always like books that I am familiar with where they take place.

Chat later
Susan

No comments: