Sunday, February 11, 2007

2/11/07

The Sheep Shawl is blocking. I looks good. It was fun to knit. The orchard portion was quite frustrating but the rest went very smoothly. I was going to take a picture to post once I got it blocking, but it is cream spread out on a cream color carpet, so you can't even see it in the picture. ;-(

My February socks are ready to have the heel done. So I should make it on those before we leave for Hawaii on the 24th.

Sahara has one sleeve. It needs a second sleeve and the lacework at the neck and it is done. Hopefully it can get finished before the trip too. If I can get them both done, I will have nothing on the needles. Unless, of course, I start something else. Not sure if I am going to take any knitting with me. I read or sleep on the plane. Feel so squashed that I don't feel like I can do anything else. I may take some hand piecing with me for in the room. It fits in a small space. Or, if I decide to take knitting. I am planning a scarf make from sock yarn so that would be small to take. Anyway, I have 2 weeks to decide that.

As far as the running, I haven't done a thing in almost 2 weeks. I am such a wimp. If this cold wet weather doesn't end soon, I can give up the half marathon. Somehow you have to run, to be able to run a half marathon. Odd concept, but that is how it works.

There is a quilting weekend in the works for mid-March on the Outer Banks of NC. I hope it works out. I need to do some quilting. Seems all I do is knit.

Chat later
Susan

No comments: