Friday, January 2, 2009

Goals for 2009

I don't like making resolutions. In my case, they are usually negative in nature. Things I am going to STOP doing. I prefer to set goals. Things I am GOING to do. I seem to do better with the positives. So for 2009, here are my goals.

As some of you may recall, I started this blog to try to keep me in line with a "fiber diet" 2 years ago. Well, we all know how that worked out, NOT!!!

Goals for 2009 (I am trying to be realistic)

Food

Get and keep it under better control. Better, because I know I won't be perfect.

Exercise

Get and keep it more regular and productive. Some things I plan to try are the:
  • 100 push-up plan
  • walking, possibily back to running
  • back to weight training

Quilting

Finish the tops for:

  • Charming Leaves - 3 borders left
  • Dear Jane borders
  • Expressions of Morris
  • Baltimore Halloween (this is my new project)

Make friends with the long arm quilting machine again!!!

Beading

Do some, maybe take a class or two

Knitting/Crocheting

Finish the WIP left over from 2008

Do as many projects as I can

Work mostly from my stash!!! Notice I said MOSTLY!!!

Reading

Read at least 52 books again this year. Some of them need to be "worthwhile", not just escapist fiction.

That should keep me busy!!!

I plan to do a monthly update on how the various goals are coming. So that means I have to blog more consistantly too!!!! So I guess that is another goal!! ;-)

Happy New Year

Chat later

Susan

No comments: