Wednesday, January 14, 2009

1/14/09

Things are returning to somewhat normal, slowly. Chelsea seems to be grieving. She sat out on the deck, in the rain, quite a bit yesterday. This is not her norm, she is a pris who doesn't like her feet wet. She is also taking over all of Chad's favorite spots. Mack is Mack, he has always, and continues to just roll with the punches. He is made of velcro, but other than that...

Nervous energy works wonders. I have prepped all 13 blocks of the Baltimore Halloween quilt. I got the kit early last week. It is so cute. Lots of ghosts, black cats and spiders. So all I have to do is stitch. I have gotten one and one half of the borders of the Charming Leaves quilt done, so only 1 and 1/2 to go. I want to finish those before I start stitching on Baltimore Halloween.

I am working on book 4 of the year. I was so pleased with reading 59 books last year. Then I read someones blog and they had read 203!!! How do you read 203 books in a year unless they are kiddie books??? I seem like such an amateur!!!

I finished my Sitcom Chic sweater, I'll take some pictures (haven't really felt like taking pictures this last week) once it is blocked. No other knitting to report.

Books so far this year.

A Pedigree to Die for and Underdog, by Laurien Berenson, this is a series of Dog Show murders mysteries. They are really cute. And the dogs don't get hurt, they help solve the mysteries. Good light fluffy mystery. I read book 3 on the beach last summer, not realizing it was a series. Now I have gone back and read books 1 and 2. There are something like 14 in the series so far. I will keep reading. Not sure I will do all 14, they will probably get very repetitive. I usually find that in these series books this year.

Then I read The Man from Oakdale. This is based on the soap opera, As the World Turns. It is very cartoonish. I didn't expect anything deep, but the books makes the soap look quite deep and serious!!!

Now I am reading Cat and Mouse by James Patterson. This is good. Took a while to get into it, but I am fully engrossed now!!! It is an Alex Cross book. It is an old one, I read it when it first came out in like '96, but don't remember it!!! Maybe I should keep my books are recycle them through my reading list. I could save a lot of money that way!!! ;-)

I have been on a light and fluffy reading binge. I am planning to read some more serious stuff, but life has been too serious recently. I will get there. I am thinking of reading a biography of each of the presidents. This will be a several year project, since they seem to be long!!! I have also bought the 2 book series, The President's House. It is how the White House has evolved since it was conceived by George Washington. It is two books, like 700 pages each. So see, there is some serious reading in my future.

I have also been walking pretty consistantly so far this year. Eating has been pretty good.

I promise pictures next time.

Chat later
Susan

No comments: