Wednesday, August 6, 2008

8/6/08

A bit calmer week, this week. It was time for one.

No new knitting/crocheting/appliquing pictures. I have been sitting on the new screened in front porch reading!!! I LOVE the porch. I have finished Back on Blossom Street. This is the third in the Blossom Street series. Good, quick, chick lit read. It is about a knitting store and the customers that frequent it. The first two books are Shop on Blossom Street and a Good Yarn. All three are good light reading.

I am about 3/4 the way through the fourth book of the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyers, Breaking Dawn. I was a little shocked by this book. It is a young adult book and has gotten into some issues that surprise me for that level book. I won't give details because I don't want to spoil it for anyone that is going to read it. It, like the rest of the series is very good.

Next book, I think, is Lady Killer by Lisa Scottoline. That will be the first full length book on the Kindle. So far I love the Kindle. I have a TON of "real books" so am trying to read several real books for each Kindle book, to whittle down the piles!!! My nephew (who also loves to read) had declared that I have a BOOK ADDICTION!!! You think??? ;-)

We have ridden the bikes almost 100 miles this week. T is doing much better with his new road bike versus his old mountain bike. Hopefully we will be ready for a 50 mile ride by early September. Not sure if we are taking bikes to the OBX next week or not. My sister and her family are leaving Friday for the beach. I am not going until next Weds or Thurs. My mother is having cataract surgery on Weds and I am going to stay here and make sure that goes well. Hate for both of us to be gone when it is done. It is rarely a problem, but don't want to be away during it.

Well back to the porch, before it gets any hotter, to finish my book. Puppies LOVE the porch also. As soon as I head that way, they are running to get out there too!!!

Chat later
Susan

No comments: