Wednesday, July 30, 2008

7/30/08 Part II


Macklin in his hiding place guarding his bone. The pile on the drawer is my magazines that I need to go through!!! Why am I always behind?












On the Reading front, I have gotten a lot done, I finished the Septimus Heap book. They are much like Harry Potter, a boy wizard in a magical world. I have one left to go in that series of the ones that are out. Not sure how many there will be in total. Then I read the Araminta Spookie series by Ange Sage (same one that wrote Septimus Heap). This is a little girl who lives with her magical Aunt and Uncle (vampire). Cute quick read. Young Adult kind of stuff.

Then I read Andrew Gross's second book, Dark Tide. I think I liked it better than the first one. Murder mystery, set against a background of the diamond districts (NYC) dealings. Very good.

Then came Killer Smile by Lisa Scottoline. It is the first of her books I have read and it certainly won't be the last. Legal drama, all female law firm. Verges on Chick Lit, but not really. Had more substance than what I usually put in that catagory.

Now I am reading Another Shop on Blossom Street. This is from the knitting series by Debbie Macomber. Haven't really gotten into it good yet. But the others have been very good.

Big news on the reading front is that I bought a Kindle. E-book reader from Amazon for those that aren't familiar with it. I love it. I can carry 250 books in the size and weight of one paperback. It is tied to what they call the Whispernet, so I can download a new book in about 2 minutes. It is amazing. A whole book downloads faster than one song from iTunes. Can't wait until I get some reading time in my swing.

I almost forgot the Stitching Weekend, here at the house. It was great. I think everyone had a ball. I know I did. We will do it again, someday, but not until my life settles down a little!! Just too much uncertainty right now!!!

Now for some puppy pictures. Of course, Chad and Chelsea are NINE tomorrow, so they really aren't puppies anymore!!! ;-(



The trio guarding their toys and milkbones. From left to right, Chelsea, Macklin, and Chad.













Chad in "his snack corner". They have all chosen their own special spot to eat their treats.













Chelsea guarding her "rescue puppy". She loves her balls and stuffed animals.













Macklin, in his "treat spot". This is the step between the kitchen and the den. He can keep track of both places from here. Yes, there are more pictures of Mack than the other two. I am not showing favorites, it is just much easier to get a cute picture of a white dog than a black one. So many I take of them, they just look like a black outline.

That should get me all caught up for July. Hopefully it won't take a month before I get time to post again. I really am enjoying all the time with my nephews and I will miss them a bunch when school starts back up, but I get NOTHING done when I am running them all over the place all the time. I need to treasure this time and not feel guilt about things like blogging, not getting done!!!

Chat later
Susan

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Hi Susan,
I hope you're getting a chance to spend some time relaxing in that brand new porch!