Monday, December 31, 2007

12/31/07 Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

It is time for the look back at the past year and look forward to the new one!!

I have set the comments to moderated since the spammers have found me!!! ;-( So if you comment and it doesn't show up immediately, that is why. I hate that I have to do that, but don't want all the junk that is showing up. I made it a year without any spam, now it is a daily thing.

I have spent the last two days UNdecorating for Christmas. I have it all done, except the vacuuming and floor cleaning, but it was pouring down rain yesterday, and with 3 dogs, a doggie door, and rain, that would have been wasted effort yesterday. Maybe today. My calf muscles are so sore I can hardly walk. Must be from standing on my toes undecorating (since I am vertically challenged).

Anyway, report on 2007!!

Family is all ending the year in reasonably good shape. As my Father says "He is in good shape, for the shape he is in!!"

WEIGHTLOSS/EXERCISE: Need to get back on the wagon for eating and exercise. I have been very slack since Thanksgiving. I seem to think this is a "free" time of year!!! Luckily, I haven't gained any weight. I am at the point after my gastric bypass surgery, that most people start to gain some of their weight back. I don't want to be "most people", so have to really get to work. No more excuses.

FIBER DIET: I started the year on a Fiber Diet (no yarn or fabric). I did well for about 6 months, then all hell broke loose and I made up for lost time. I am going to try this again this year, but with some changes. I am going to try to award myself with $1 per day, for everyday I DON'T by fiber. I may spend this accumulated funding on fiber. That way I can still spend, but it is limited. Let's see how this works. I have really reached SABLE (stash beyond life expectancy) for both fabric and yarn.

QUILTING: Haven't done as much quilting in 2007. I did:
Piece two quicky quilt tops
Hand appliqued 2 1/2 blocks of the Expressions of Morris quilt
Made 80-blocks for Dear Jane.
Guess that really isn't bad. For 2008, I am going to continue on Morris and DJ, also am resurrecting Nature's Chorus and work on that. There is also a Ship quilt over on Quakertown Quilts, that is calling my name!!!! We will see, see earlier comment about Fiber Diet, but a pattern isn't fiber, right??? See I am already justifying my purchases!! All in ONE post.

KNITTING/CROCHETING: Have spent a lot of time in this category!!!
2007 Statitics:
Completed:
10 Sweaters
8 Pairs of Socks
1 Scarf
2 Skirts
4 Shawls
1 Pair of gloves
7 projects remaining unfinished!!! Need to get this number down, but that are still all active!!

TRAVEL: I averaged at least one trip per month all year. It was great. I may stay home a little more this year. Who knows!?!?! My puppies like me home. They turn into velcro when I am gone as much as I have been gone this year.

READING: Didn't track the number of books I read, maybe I will do that for 2008. But I read a fair amount.
Hope everyone had a good a year as I did.

Happy 2008!!!
Chat later
Susan

No comments: