Wednesday, December 19, 2007

12/19/07

Today is my one year blogaversity. I didn't know that, I just happened to look and see how many times I had posted this year and discovered that today is the day. I have posted 57 times. So T. that is over once a week on average, which is what my initial plan was.

I finished my Halloween socks. Isn't December 15th a good time to finish my Halloween socks? They are Lorna's Laces, just a 3-1 rib that continues down the foot top and bottom. I like the wide rib on the bottom. It makes the socks fit snugly but isn't enough to cause discomfort.
















I started a pair of toe up 3-1 ribs for my purse socks. And Autumn Rose for my at home, have time to concentrate project, now I need an at home mind-less project. Autumn Rose needs a lot of attention. (http://www.twoswansyarns.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=PJ-AutumnRose&template=project)

I have been to New York City. This was a very nice trip. I really don't like NYC, but the Christmas decorations are gorgeous. We saw the Rockettes Christmas Show, this is almost worth the trip by itself. It was awesome!! Also, Hairspray. It was hysterical. Much better than the movie!!! We did a little shopping in the Diamond District, if it passes its appraisal we will talk about that later. And went to Chinatown and went to the secret back room to buy the designer purse knockoffs for $30 or less. Thought I was going to have to buy another suitcase to get home, but I made it.

Then, 30 hours after getting home, I left for Washington, DC. Toured the White House with the Christmas decorations. They are gorgeous. Looked out the window while in the Blue Room and saw the President playing ball with Miss Beasley. Of course, since I like dogs better than people, I was more excited by Miss Beasley. The Secret Service guy said the Barney was upstairs sleep!!! So I didn't get to see him. We toured a lot of the monuments and some of the Smithsonian. It was a fun weekend.

Between the two trips, I have walked about 1,000 miles. But at least I can do it. Two years ago I couldn't. I had my Gastric Bypass Surgery on December 13th. I have lost 125 lbs and have stayed fairly stable there. It is one of the best things I have ever done. I would never have been able to do that much walking.

Carried my book on both trips with me. Never read a page. I haven't finished a book in months. I need to get back to my reading.

Still have to wrap packages and do some cooking. Not to mention FINISH some Christmas presents. Friday I am taking my Mother to visit her sister in North Carolina. Just for the day. Hopefully I can get the Christmas stuff finished before I go, except for the cooking. I would like to have the weekend to enjoy, not have to work myself to death right up to the big event.

Of course, we have to have the cute dog picture.

This is the boy's napping in the chair. Chelsea was still upstairs in bed. She requires more sleep than the boys.




















Merry Christmas
Happy New Year
Chat later
Susan














































1 comment:

Diane said...

Happy blogaversary! December 15th is a fine time to finish halloween socks. Probably need nice warm socks more in December than October anyways.

New York and Washington DC are definately two cities seen best by walking. Sounds like you had a fine time.