Saturday, August 4, 2007

8/4/07

Thanks to all that left comments about my Kauni cardigan. It really was fun to knit. I have spent this week trying to get the things done that I ignored, while I spent the month of July knitting it. It really is time to clean the house when you have to rent a Bobcat to do it. Just kidding, but it does seem that way some days.

I have started Skin of the Sea(http://www.nbyarn.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/1400). A sleeveless vest/top. It is knitting up quickly after the fingering weight yarn in Kauni. I want to finish it this week so I can wear it on the Outer Banks next week. I'll post pictures when I finish.

This weeks focus is getting the house straight. I am having 12 people here for a stitching weekend in two weeks, but I am spending next week on the Outer Banks, so all the work has to be done this week. I am not even trying for CLEAN, just STRAIGHT. There is a big difference. Besides, I believe that dust protects the finish on the furniture!!!

I am still working along on Harry Potter #7. I don't want to rush because I want to enjoy it, but I also don't want to drag it out so long that I find out the end without reading it. Another thing I want to finish before the beach trip. I have a busy week, can you tell?

I also have to get a mindless knitting project underway to work on at the beach next week. With the twin nephews (11 yo) there is nothing done that requires a great deal of concentration.

The other thing I have discovered this week is Webkinz. Yes, they are stuffed animals and I am to old for them, but they are FUN. There is a website where you build a house for your pet, feed them, play with them, exercise them!!! I am addicted, so I also have to have my daily Webkinz time!!! No, I don't plan to grow up!!!

Chat later
Susan

No comments: