Wednesday, August 29, 2007

8/29/07

What a whirlwind the last two weeks have been. I got back from the Outer Banks. I had my sister's two dogs for 4 days. That makes 5 dogs. So that is a house full. Then on Monday I had my nephews for the day. THEN Tuesday and Wednesday I had to scrub my house because I had 12 people at the house for a stitching weekend. It went great. We are planning another one after the first of the year. The upstairs of the "manhouse" (detached garage) worked great. We had plenty of room and the air conditioning worked great.

Today my Mother is having a mastectomy. This is the first one, as soon as she heals they will do the other one. She has now had cancer in both breasts so decided it was time for them to go. I am taking my father to the hospital about noon, so he will be there when she comes out of surgery. Hopefully it will all go well. So the next week or so, I will be acting as nurse.

Haven't had time to read, so still reading Critical. Will probably get some reading done at the hospital today.

I finished Skin of the Sea and wore it this weekend. I need to get a picture of it so I can post it. I have started a free Katia cardigan pattern. It is working up fast, so hopefully I can finish it in time to wear it before it gets cold since it is openwork and silk/cotton.

I hand quilted on my Hawaiian quilt all weekend. I figure I have another years worth of get togethers work to finish the quilting on this. WHY did I think it needed to be quilted 1/4" apart. It is only king size!!!

Supposed to go back to the Outer Banks in 3 weeks. Found out last night that DH is also out of town that week. So no dog sitter. My regular sitter is also out of town that week. So I may not get to go. Also depends on how my mother is doing.

We off to get ready for the hospital.

Chat later
Susan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your Mom does well with her surgery and recovery. I'll keep your family in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! I hope your mom is recovering nicely. I keep checking back to see if you have posted any news.

You family continues to be in my prayers!!