Thursday, June 28, 2007

6/28/07

Hot enough for everyone? This over 100 heat index is just too much. Thank goodness the A/C is working.

I chose my Tour de France KAL (http://tdfkal.blogspot.com/) project. I am going to do the Kauni Cardigan. (http://www.ruths.dk/kauni%20regnbue%20engelsk.pdf). This is a stretch, but it does have yellow and green in the yarn so it meets the requirements for the KAL. I am going for the green jersey which means I want to finish the sweater during the Tour. It isn't as hard as it looks. The yarn is striped and you use 2 skeins starting at different places and it does all the color changing by itself. It is a fairly simple pattern so it should be doable. Of course, how long I spent on the OBX will have and impact on whether it gets finished or not.

I have been catching up on the Lime n Violet podcasts. They are a hoot. If you have an iPod, or even if you just listen on your computer. They are well worth the listen. One of my very favorite knitting podcasts. My very favorite is Brenda Dayne of Cast On. Even Lime n Violet call her St Brenda!!!

Got three skeins of sock yarn this week. One from Red Bird Knits, it is a kit for a mitered square cuff sock, my new Socks that Rock sock kit, it is gorgeous as usual. And my Spunky Eclectic yarn, it is also awesome.

Other than that, not much has happened since yesterday. I did spend 30 minutes running/walking on the treadmill. So glad I don't have to go out in this heat. Besides it is easier to run on the treadmill because it paces me. I try to run too fast when I am outside and then I run out of steam.

Chat later.
Susan

No comments: