Monday, June 25, 2007

6/25/07

Wow, I can't believe it has been almost amonth since I updated. Life really has been busy. The twins were playing in their little league baseball tournaments. That meant we were at the ballfield every night for 2 weeks. Plus they had started swim team so I was taking them to morning practices and attending 2 swim meets a week. Now baseball is over, so only swim team left.

Then I went to the Outer Banks of North Carolina for 10 days. That was a lot of fun. I go back in 3 weeks. Hopefully the moisture has returned to my skin by then. Right now I feel and look a little like leather. I used lots of sunscreen and moisturizer, but still very dried out. I exfoliated from head to toe today. That was a big help.

Got some work done on my Split Neck Tee (Knitting Pure and Simple). They body is finished, now I have to do the sleeves and finish the neck.

Started the Prosperous Plum Tank. It is moving fast. I am using the Candy Apple Red Cotton Fleece by Brown Sheep.

Also, got 10 more blocks of Dear Jane made. That gets me to about 50 of 169 so they are going well. Hope to work on them somemore this weekend.

Got a lot of reading done while sitting on the beach. I didn't take the JFK book, it is just too big and heavy. It is an "at home" read. Probably mostly in bed so I don't have to hold the book. I did read Carolina Isle by Jude Deveraux, really quick read. Very enjoyable as a lite read. I also started Sumerhouse by her, but not far enough into that one to know how it is.

I read all of The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. I would not have even picked this up except that so many blogs were talking about how good it was. It really is good. Not sure how historically accurate it is, but it was an excellent read. I want to get some of her other books.

I have to figure out my project for the Tour de France KAL. (http://tdfkal.blogspot.com/). I watch the Tour every year, so need to pick my project. Not sure which jersey I am going for yet.

Didn't get much exercise in while I was gone. Now I have to get back on track. The arm is better so I can get back to work.

Pictures of some of these projects soon.

Chat later
Susan

No comments: