Wednesday, July 30, 2008

7/30/08 Part I

July has been one of the craziests months in history. Thanks to those who sent wishes that all was well. It is as well as it ever is, so thanks. Just a long line of craziness. Early in the month, my sister had a week on the Outer Banks. I was supposed to go for the week, but with one of my nephews playing All Star Little League Baseball and my parent's house on the market, I ended up going down Monday morning, coming back Tuesday night, going back Thursday morning and coming back Friday night!!! I should have known that with the first day of the month going that way, that it was going to be a crazy month.

My parent's aren't able to keep the house in "showing" condition, so I go clean twice a week. My sister's two dogs stay over there almost every day. Both of them shed like crazy, so I have to vacuum twice a week to keep the hairballs to a minimum. Do you think I clean my house that well? NOT!!!

The third week in the month my brother-in-law had to go to Georgetown for CyberKnife radiation treatments. It was a weeks worth of treatments. Nephew and I went up on Monday and stayed until Wednesday night. Then my sister came up and stayed the rest of the week. Nephew and I went to the Smithsonian and the zoo and the Spy Museum while b-i-l was doing the medical stuff. The Spy Museum is great by the way, I had never been. Lots of interactive stuff.

While all this was going on. DH tore the front porch off the house and replace it from the ground up and screened it in. I LOVE my Screened in porch, with a swing. Fabulous place to knit and read!!! IF only I had time to do that!!!

And of course the Tour de France was going on. I am not a big sports watcher, but I do love the Tour. I got to watch all of it thanks to DVR's. When I got back from Georgetown I had 20 hours to watch, not counting others programs that were taped. I am still not caught up and they are replacing my DVR on Friday, so I have to watch all I can or they will be gone.

On the exercise front, I am bike riding with my nephew and still walking trying to get ready for the half marathon. Nephew and I are doing a 50 mile bike ride early in September. I can ride way better than I can walk. I have a lot of pain after walking. I am afraid I will have to give up the half marathon. I don't see much point in doing something that I KNOW is going to hurt, a lot.

Now on the knittingcrocheting front:


This is Poppy be Elsebeth Lavold. Knit in Cotton Patine. I love it. It will look way better after blocking and finishing. One day I will get that done.












This is a ripple afghan I started in April 2007. It was SO BORING. I finally finished it during the Tour de France. It is not large, just enough to snuggle under on the couch. But I don't have to have UFO guilt about it anymore!!!










This is the Tidal Wave pattern from SWTC. I did it toe up instead of by the pattern, but used the "wave" pattern on the cuff. I really like them. The yarn is Sockmania. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her stuff!!! The second picture is the whole pair of socks.






This is a kitchen cotton wash cloth. I like them for face clothes. They exfoliate gently, not like the scratchy pads they sell for that.





This is the Lacy Little Top knit from hemp, from Hemp for Knitting. I really like it, but I have to reblock it wider, to see if I can get a little more "boobage" room. Hopefully it will relax a little with wearing.






Noro sock yarn, knit two at a time on two circs, toe up using WendyKnits basic pattern. 3 x 1 rib on the cuffs. Not sure I love the Noro yarn. Not sure the thick/thin nature is going to hold up well in socks, but LOVE the colors.
Check Part II for further update. This is just getting too long for one post
Chat later (or right now)
Susan

























No comments: