Monday, December 22, 2008

12/22/08

I want some snow!!! Every blog I read they are talking about snow. All we got was some stupid rain!!! But we got LOTS of stupid rain. I came downstairs and sat at the kitchen table Saturday morning, and GOT RAINED ON!!! ;-( The kitchen table is below a bathroom, so of course, the first thought was the toilet, YUCK!!! But it was the vent in the roof. The water was leaking around it, running down the pipe and dripping out of the light fixture over the kitchen table. We now have a temporary repair on the roof. Of course, this happens right after we buy a new truck and replace the heating system, and preparing for Christmas. Can you spell BROKE!!! We don't think we will have to replace the whole roof, but nothing with a roof is cheap.


I finished my Christmas socks, before Christmas. Amazing!!! Last year I finished my Halloween socks for Christmas. They are my standard toe up K3P1 sock. Knit with Christmas yarn from Yarn Yard in Scotland. Nice knit, nice wear!!!










This is the Prairie Braid scarf, with Karioke from Southwest Trading. Yarn feels yummy!!! Fun knit. No ends to weave in, because it is short rows.










This is my wimple. The pattern and yarn came from www.CaryllDesigns.com. It is 100% Qiviut in Lupine. One skein makes this warm and SOFT wimple. The lacy pattern doesn't show well in this picture, but it is there, really.
I have finished two more books. Thirteen Reasons Why, by Jay Asher. It is the story of a teenage girl who commits suicide (before the book starts). She has made tape recording about the 13 reasons (people) she did it. It was very good. Started out great, ended great, dragged a little in the middle. But overall a very good read. Not a cry fest, but why. Most of the reasons, today as an adult seem pretty petty, but if you think back to what jr high and high school were like, they were a big deal.
Then I read The Tales of Beetle the Bard by JK Rowlings. I hesitate to even count this one as a book. It is 5 short fairy tales. It is referenced in the last Harry Potter book. JKR wrote it as a charity project. It was a fun read. Took about an hour.
I am now reading Vampire Academy, another Young Adult book. I have gotten in to these YA books!! This on is about the academy where young vampires and their protectors train. Very different from the Twilight Series. This is also a series. I am about half way through this one, I have decided yet whether this is a "read the whole series book" yet. I feel like we are building to some big climax, but only reading time will tell.


The world's scruffiest Westie dog wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone!!! Especially his friend Annie!!!
Chat later
Susan













No comments: