Tuesday, October 28, 2008

To Annie from Captain Macklin


Just in from a mission.













Mom said I could use this blog update (which is long overdue) to send my girlfriend, Annie a note.

For those that don't know Annie, you can learn about her at ://pennysanford.typepad.com/penny_sanford_porcelains_/ She is a beautiful Westie and another member of the Westie Special Forces. She lives with several other Westies, one of them being Major Mackie. I saw her pictures on Penny's blog and fell instantly in love.

Annie have no concern about being a small town, now country Westie. I was born, and lived the first year and a half of my life in a SMALL town in North Carolina. They don't even have a traffic light and they park in the middle of the street. My then Mom got very sick and was not able to look after me. They took her to some place they called a hospital. There was no one home to look after me. They were talking about "rescues" and "shelters". I don't know what they mean but I didn't like they way they sounded. Anyway, I got lucky (as did you) when my "now Mom" heard about me from her cousin, she drove the 2 hours to get me the next day. I came to live with my new human parents and my Scotty brother and sister, Chad and Chelsea. I miss my first Mom, but have a really good place to live now.

We have moles and squirrels and all sorts of invaders that must be guarded against. As you can see from the picture at the top of the post, I had been out on a mission. I have a doggie door so I can go in and out. Sometimes when I catch a vermit, I bring its dead body in to my Mom. She really doesn't seem to appreciate my hard work. She promptly discards them.




Here I am resting between missions. (Mom says don't look at the dust on the lamp).

Annie, don't worry when Miss Penny takes your picture when you aren't brushed. You still look beautiful to me. I am a rough and rugged Westie. I don't think brushing is necessary for a Westie most days!!!

Now you know a little more about me. Hopefully you will be more comfortable with your long distance beau.

Best wishes to all of your Westie Special Forces Team. Wish we could meet in "person". Sniffing is always good.

Captain Macklin

No comments: