Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2/3/12

This post reminded me why I stopped blogging. I started it Wednesday morning. After over an hour I had unable to get pictures from the camera to the computer to the blog post. At that point, by allocated time, and then some was gone. I did manage to post 2 BLANK posts. Sorry!! So I tried again today. I have now gotten the pictures into the post, but they are in the opposite order I wanted them, so just pretend I spend some foreign unknown language!!!
I have FINALLY finished my Kate's Shopping Shawl by Wee Sandy on Ravelry. It is done in laceweight yarn on size 1 needles. Yes, I am aware that I am absolutely crazy!!! I have been working on it since May!!! It is knit with Knit Picks Shimmer in Sherry. I LOVE it. I feels marvelous!!
This is the detail picture of the pattern.
The is the pre-blocked picture of the whole shawl. Remember I said the pictures were in the opposite order of what I wanted!!! Anyway. That pattern says to lightly block the body and leave the ruffle alone. I am thinking the body is fine, but the ruffle needs a little blocking. It is awfully curly.
This is a really quicky, crocheted scarf. It is a Berrocco yarn that I can't recall the name of right at the moment, but it took less than an hour!!!
This is my Japanese Flower Shawl. Crocheted in Debbie Bliss yarn. It is yummy. It is on Ravelry and yes, the book is in Japanese, but it has charts, so it was easy, even not being able to read the words.

This or Cory modeling in front of the Japanese Flower Shawl. Sometimes I think I should rename this blog to "Cory Story". He provides most of the comic relief here at the home front. The other day, while I was "down in the back", I dropped the phone while talking to my mother. Of course, if it hits the floor, it is HIS!! So he grabbed it and ran off with it. I am yelling to try to let my mother know what is going on!!! Never a dull moment as long as he is present.
I have a new Pinterest addiction!!! If you haven't visited this HIGHLY ADDICTIVE sight, you should try it!!! But don't say I didn't warn you that it was a TIME SUCK!!
Let's see. I have read Michael Vey:Prisoner in Cell 25. Young Adult book. There are 17 babies born that are exposed to a new type of MRI which causes them to have special electrical powers. Now that they are teenagers, they are trying to gather them back up. Anyway. It is a good read. It is the beginning of a new series. No idea how many books in the series.
I am now reading The Scottish Prisoner. It is from the Lord John series that is a spin-off of the Outlander books. I am not crazy about the Lord John books, but they do fill in the gaps in the Outlander series. This is the best of the Lord John books, because it is over half about Jamie. And who doesn't like to read about Jamie???
Well since a small white terrier (not naming any names) thought that 4:30AM was a good time to get up this morning, I am going read and have a little power nap before my husband gets home from work!!!!
Chat later
Susan
Ok, now the words won't stay by the pictures!!!! Not happy blogger!!!

3 comments:

SissySees said...

The post looks good from here! Love all of your finished objects, but of course, HIMSELF steals the show!

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

I'm with you on blogger not being that user friendly when adding photo's - I've learned to add them in the order I want them to appear since it's impossible to move them within the post ... maybe it's just me.

Love your little westie Cory - and love your Baltimore Halloween quilt -

If you're on Faceboook check out my group page called WESTIES HEALTH -- FROM EARS TO TAIL ...

All the best, Katie
www.westiejulep.blogspot.com
www.katiesews4fun.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love your works. Its all so gorgeous. Don't forget about that little doggy. He is so adorable. He sure is stealing the limelight.
superannuation advice